Does God Always Get What God Wants?
Title: Does God Always Get What God Wants?
Publisher: Cascade Books
Tim's wife, Anne, died of breast cancer at the age of forty-nine, having battled against the disease for more than six years. Her suffering had a profound influence on their lives and that of their church, and raised challenging questions:
- If "God is in control," does that mean God is to blame for suffering?
- Why did God not heal Anne?
- Is Anne's death what God wanted to happen?
- Does prayer make any difference?
- What is God doing about evil?
People's experience of suffering causes them to examine the kind of God they believe in, the nature of the universe God made, and God's activity in the world. This book explores all three aspects and responds constructively to the complex issues that the above questions pose--and provides powerful reasons for confidence in the firm Christian hope.