This bundle includes both the New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (NIDOTTE) and the The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis (NIDNTTE).
This digital edition of the New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (NIDOTTE) contains all five volumes of this acclaimed scholarly work.
It is comprised of a number of sections including:
- A lexicon of Old Testament Hebrew (with references to their New Testament Greek counterparts)
- Several indices of Hebrew words according to topic, semantics, scripture, and subject (which all link back to the Hebrew lexicon)
- A topical dictionary of English words with links to their Hebrew references
- A Guide to Old Testament Theology and Exegesis--a unique ten-essay guide to hermeneutics and interpretation, complete with guidelines on properly using this dictionary in general
Taken as a whole, NIDOTTE is an unparalleled accomplishment in the field of biblical hermeneutics, made even more convenient to use in this digital edition by the addition of features such as scripture hyperlinks, and the ability to find entries using the Olive Tree Bible App's unique "lookup" function.
A standard and widely-used reference work for nearly 40 years, the New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis has been thoroughly revised and updated to aid today’s pastors, students, scholars, and teachers in their study of the New Testament.
Offering a wealth of background and information on the meaning of Greek words in the New Testament—as well as related usage in classical Greek sources, the Septuagint, Jewish literature, and more—this important tool offers the following features:
- Alphabetical arrangement according to Greek words instead of previous order according to English topics; this ensures that individual Greek words are not discussed in isolation from one another and are easy to access
- Expanded to include additional Greek words and concepts not covered in the original work, NIDNTTE includes nearly 800 entries covering over 3,000 Greek words
- Discussions have been revised to be in line with modern scholarship and bibliographies are updated
- Corrections have been made to inconsistencies and omissions in earlier versions
- Updated and added consistency to include—for every entry—all necessary background information from classical Greek, the LXX, and Jewish literature.
- A helpful semantic domain index now directs the reader to all of the Greek words that have something to do with a particular English word. For example, under the English word “Anger, Wrath,” there is a list of thirteen Greek words that are related to that topic.
- Significant changes have been made in the presentation and discussion of linguistic details
- and much more!