Experience God's Word as Never Before
This fully illustrated, information-packed study Bible provides fascinating insights into the Scriptures and the world in which they were written.
- Information-rich, section-by-section study notes deepen your understanding of God's Word.
- Hundreds of full-color images bring the world of the Bible to life.
- More than 100 full-color maps place the action of the Bible in its geographical setting.
- Artists' reconstructions, driven by historical and archaeological study, help you encounter the past in a new way.
- Extensive time lines show how key people and events in the Bible connect with one another and with events in the ancient world.
- Key family trees help you track intergenerational connections.
- Figures and charts organize key information in a way that is easily understandable.
- Connections draw your attention to significant themes of God's Word.
- More than 150 articles allow you to explore important concepts in a deeper way.
- More than 450 clear and accurate definitions of key words provide meaning and background for people, places, and ideas.
Additional features include: cross-references, a concordance, words of Christ in red, footnotes, outlines, comprehensive section introductions, and detailed book introductions.
Know God through His Living Word
Few things are more important in life than an understanding of God's Word. In the pages of the Bible, we come to know God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The goal of the Baker Illustrated Study Bible is to both satisfy your hunger and increase your appetite for God's Word. Designed to present the best of biblical scholarship in a manner that brings the Bible to life in an enjoyable and interesting way, this study Bible offers fascinating insights into God's Word and the world in which it was written.
To come alongside you in this holy pursuit of God's Word, the Baker Illustrated Study Bible contains a robust set of study features, including contributions from more than two hundred evangelical Christian scholars who are experts in their fields. In all, this Bible includes more than one million words of study notes to help you understand and apply the life-changing message of God's Word.